- 85 boards are on their way to our forwarder, another 20 are still undergoing QC, but should also be at the forwarder by the end of this week.
- Outwheel/wheel samples tested and confirmed - QC Pass (note: these will be used for late July production run onwards. The 'In progress' batch to ship may show inconsistent wheel quality. For any customers experiencing issues, please contact our live support for replacements once available.)
- Silicone lid seal samples tested and confirmed - QC Pass
- Next production run of 250 boards is scheduled to occur before end of June, but may extend into July.
Key reasons for delay
- Awaiting samples to be confirmed after testing for silicone lid seals
- Awaiting samples to be confirmed after testing for outwheels/wheels
- User feedback has identified problems in QC during assembly - missing/incorrectly installed screws, poor fitment of the interface seal which covers the LCD
- Some users have experienced significant chunking and cracking in outwheels of all sizes, reducing their lifespan dramatically
- Wheel samples under way from contingency manufacturer
- Complete review of assembly process and re-iteration of our strict acceptance criteria
- We have sent quality engineers to our wheel manufacturer to find the root cause, which we believe to be bad PU formula. Although we keep receiving samples that are high quality, when subsequent batches of wheels are poured, the formula used is not the same
- Silicone lid seal mold has been created, testing difference hardness of silicone to find appropriate seal